Saturday, March 2, 2013

6 Lessons to Steal


Throughout my career, I have been privileged to work with many incredible companies and learn from their extraordinary (and sometimes not so extraordinary) managers. As we’ve built CLEAR, I have co-opted and implemented some of their best practices, while trying to avoid the worst. Leveraging important lessons from the past has helped us put key building blocks in place and lay a strong foundation for the future.
I’ve borrowed these top 6 sayings/lessons from some of my favorite managers, and I would encourage you to do the same. There’s no shame in using the proven great lessons from others.
1. What are the three things you want to get accomplished? Focus 80 percent of your time on those things.
2. You have to survive to thrive.
3. Nobody ever rings the bell at the top.
4. You can’t manage through the rear-view mirror.
5. It's not about credentials; it's about capabilities.
6. Failure is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment