Saturday, November 1, 2014

How to Sell


1.  Do research on my company before approaching me…

2.  Do create a simple, direct email headline, 3-5 key bullet points of what you want and why…

3.  Do create a framework for follow-up and stick to it. Every sales process is different, but in general terms, if you've introduced your company and followed up 2-3 times without response or progress, move on…

4.  Do share valuable insights with me. Send a relevant white paper or article with specific follow up to why this matters to me…

5.  Do attend conferences and events and meet me in person. Get your elevator pitch right and I'm likely to listen…

6.  Do have a great website (ideally mobile) that I can check out. Help me easily connect the dots between your outreach and what your company does…


Finally, remember that the way you position yourself at the beginning of a relationship has profound impact on where you end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment